List Price: $29.99
Sale Price: $13.95
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Eligible For Free Shipping
Features faster-than-wireless speeds and easy connectivity. The Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100 Network Adapter adds a Fast Ethernet (RJ45) capable port to any supported system. It uses the ASIX AX88772 chipset for widest possible compatibility. Note the adapter is not for network enabling USB devices, rather it's the other way around - it's a USB device that adds a fast wired network interface to supported computers, consoles, and mobile devices running network-capable operating systems. The unit features a compact external design. Two LEDs montior power and link activity. Powered by USB (no external power adapter needed).CompatibilityDrivers built in -- no driver install required -- on Windows 8, Surface Pro, Mac OS Lion 10.7+, Nintendo Wii, Wii U, Linux 2.6.12+, ChromeBook, Chumby, and some other systems. On Windows 7, Vista 32/64-bit drivers are automatically provided via Windows Update. Windows XP, 2000, ME, and 98SE require driver install via download or included disk. Mac OS X 10.4 - 10.6 drivers via download. Open source driver in Linux kernels 2.6.12+. PerformanceWired Ethernet via this adapter provides faster and more reliable network access than typical 802.11 wireless networking (up to 2-3x as fast). Particularly helpful for web video, downloads, and streaming. Useful to replace a broken network port, participate on multiple networks, or give virtual machines their own physical network connection.In the boxPlugable USB 2.0 Fast Ethernet adapter with a USB 2.0 male A connector to the host and a RJ45 female connector to the network, driver disk, and quick start guide.
- Add a fast wired network interface. Supports Windows, Mac, Wii, Wii U, Linux, ChromeOS, ...
- Full 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet performance over USB 2.0's 480 Mbps bus--faster than most wireless connections
- ASIX AX88772 chipset. RJ-45 network port for any 10/100 Mbps network. Link and Activity LEDs. USB powered.
- Windows 8 and Surface Pro built-in support. Windows 7, Vista, XP supported by Windows Update, disk, and download.
- Drivers built in to Mac OS X Lion 10.7+, Wii, ChromeOS, and some other systems